Wednesday

Wednesday

AM Crew did 10 Pushups, 20 wallball, 30 Double Unders as many rounds as possible in 17 min.

PM Crew did 10 Pushups, 15 Thrusters (20lb for ladies, 45lb for men), 30 Double unders as many rounds as possible in 17 min.

I finished 6 rounds with a crappy Duvide Jump Rope.  FYI, if you ever decide to buy a Duvide Rope…don’t.  They suck.  The rope shredded after 150 double unders…I will never forsake my Buddy Lee again.  Long live Buddy!

jason.jpg

Jason spending some time at the Westside locay.

jeff.jpg

Jeff spending some time at the Westside locay!

untitled.jpg

Rope after 150 Double Unders.

9 Responses to “Wednesday”

1. Frank says:

I am the manufacturer of the duvide Jumpropes and would like to know what part exactly “shredded”?
    Also, how long have you been using the rope and were this the first 150 double-unders you did with this rope?
    I appreciate your feedback and would like to offer to fix or replace your rope.

Frank

Frank,
    I appreciate the fact that you found our site. I also appreciate the fact that you are willing to make things right. Yes, it was indeed the very first time I used the rope. The part that shredded was the orange bottom portion where the screw holds the clear piece and orange piece together. I will post a picture for you to see. Again, thank you for an unsolicited response.

JC

Jeff,
    You’ve gone through double-unders with me on 3 seperate occasions now and I still can’t get more than 3 in row. No one can possibly be this @%#$& DENSE!
    Frustrated in Fishers,
    Drew
    P.S. Positive Note: Day 4 in the Zone. Feel good.

Flow with the rope…you and the rope are one. Be the rope.

5. rodrigo says:

Drew,

If you are not already doing so, do double unders during the WOD workouts. I couldn’t figure them out at first either especially when I was just messing around, but with the inherent intensity of the WOD, I could do them much easier.

I’m not messing around, just cannot get the rhythm down; which leads to frustration, then to tightening up, then to exhaustion… vicious unproductive cycle. Welcome to Drew WODs.

Be the rope.
    Be the rope.
    Be the rope.
    Be the rope.
    Be the rope.

Thanks guys, I’ll get it.

You are SO tight when you jump…there is no looseness to you. I know you used to train BJJ, remember what Rickson Gracie used to say, “flow with the go”. The more flow with the go you have the better you will be at double unders. First rule of athletic competition is to stay loose. If you aren’t loose you will be tight, and as my track coach always used to say, “tight ain’t right.”

8. Kim says:

Wednesday-I completed 6 rounds – I thought this was a good WOD.

Drew……Be the rope…..Be the rope…..Be the rope – just relax and dont’ think about it too much!

9. Sarah says:

I finished 6 1/3 rds…..the double unders were killers!

Drew…..do as Kim says and just relax! Trust me, I have to tell myself that every time and still don’t always get them…..keep working on it and they will come!!