Forge Philosophy 6-5-08

May that man, that coward never get home from Troy – let him linger here, ripping sport for the dogs, whoever shirks the fight while this day lasts.

Poseidon ~ The Iliad

As some of you know, we had an amphibious assault yesterday at the Forge….. the video tells the whole epic story…. Great work and kudos to those who made extra effort to be there!

We called it Poseidon and it consisted of a 500m row, 50 dumbell swings (50), 400m row, 40 swings, 300m row, 30 swings, 200m row, 20 swings, 100m row, 10 swings…I reached the shore in 15:33.

Poseidon
Uploaded by shc9087

7 Responses to “Forge Philosophy 6-5-08”

1. Wood says:

Awesome video Vince…I’ll be there today to get smashed again!

2. mountainman says:

This was a brutal workout. I painfully arrived at shore a little over 20 minutes. Thanks for the very hard workout Skipper!

Gilligan 🙂

3. John says:

The was a horrible workout as you can see from my inability to get off the floor. 16:35.

Great video Vince. You missed your calling in Hollywood.

4. moe says:

Your videos are really awesome! 17:07 for me. Was so humid that day from all the water. Crazy weather!

Wood looking like a little kid…he is going to waste away to nothingness.

6. Jamie H. says:

Wow! Two great videos in 1 week. I am so jealous I can’t be there. I had to run instead of row for this one. Finished in 16:44.

I most likely won’t be able to do a workout tonight, so last night I did Grace (95lbs) again. John has been secretly bumping me up in weight during WODs but it is paying off. I finished in 7:49. This is 2 1/2 minutes faster than my first attempt in April. There is still a lot of room for improvement.

7. rodrigo says:

awesome video vince, you need to teach jeff to do those.

Nice touch with the rowing machines over the water.

But best of all I learned a new mod to “the shocker” with the thumb action 🙂 with 2 hands mind you.

hahaa