Forge Philosophy 3-5-08

The essence of Crossfit:

“The iron ore thinks itself senselessly tortured in the blast furnace: the tempered steel blade looks back and knows better.”

I have no idea who said that, but I can’t imagine a more appropriate description of what all of us go through, both before and after our workouts.

Today at the forge we did the following: 7 thrusters (95), 7 pullups, and 7 burpees for 5 rounds. I completed this in 6:39, thanks to Special Agent Howard, who came in early and provided some competitive motivation.

The new sport of synchronized collapsing…

imga0098.JPG

9 Responses to “Forge Philosophy 3-5-08”

1. Brian Sullivan says:

Vince,

Sorry I missed today. Got called in to read the meters today at the last minute. Spent about six hours walking in the ice and snow leftovers. Had a decent sweat going.

2. stro says:

HEy guys what up? I need to stop in and buy a couple shirts. Keep up the good work.

3. stro says:

Hey Vince, wasn’t that the One World Video WOD on Crossfit.com. I may have to give that sucker a shot.

4. John says:

Got it done in 7:28 Vince thanks for the motivation, but we have to do something about the 5 second count down.

5. the blacksmith says:

stro – yes, that was the one world wod….but we did the man weight on the thrusters…

6. Brett W. says:

This one was short and not so sweet. 7:03 but it took me half the day to recover. Thanks a lot Vinnie. See you Friday for more pain.

3/4 “Nightvision” Deadlifts – 5x5x3x3x3x1x1 New PB: 355lbs

30 Doubleunders
    20 HSPU
    10 Manmakers 70lbs
    600 m run

And Thanks Sarah, we all needed a good run… and NO we don’t hate you. LOL

8. iugirl says:

Drew, I think you should speak for yourself as far as “hating” Sarah. I still refuse to speak to her, and I pray she doesn’t go for CF certification, or we are in BIG trouble. Really, a pretty cool workout. But, Sarah, you are worse at math than I am . Dawn

What are you talking about Dawn?!?! Wednesday was FUN! 🙂
    I’d love to get CF certified myself, but Jeff’s ensuing laughter at the notion might kill him.