Random Indy CrossFit thoughts…

Last night we had our party/get together and also did a workout.  We had a nice turnout and a great workout.  A few highlights.  Travis S. won a free months membership (by the way, Travis just signed up for his first month…)  Also, everyone had a chance to see the new logo on our plyo boxes thanks to Vince and his creative prowess.

I would like to say thanks to everyone for making 2007 such a great year.  We had our ups and downs but it was all fun while it was going on.  Here is to a better 2008!

The workout for the morning and evening crew was pretty simple.  10 Double unders and 10 Thrusters.  Not to bad…oh, wait until you see the pix.

Vince and I have decided to do separate entries on our blogspot.  So you will see a specific entry from “The Forge”.  We have also decided to enter our times and scores so other people will be encouraged to enter theirs.  PLEASE enter your times and scores.  It takes 30 seconds to do.

Lastly, important schedule changes…I know, I know we are getting tired of them as well, but I believe we have them dialed in now.

AM will start at 6:30 and 7:15 am.  “The Forge” will start at 10 and 11 am.  The pm will start at 5:30 and 6:15 pm.  This will start immediately (which means Monday).  If you have questions please, please email me at jeff@shokfitness.com.

dscn3695.jpg

dscn3696.jpg

9 Responses to “Random Indy CrossFit thoughts…”

Did 11 1/2 rounds with 45lb dumbbells. Brutal in every sense of the word.

2. Simon says:

Sitting here Sunday morning straining to lift the coffee cup, feeling the effects of fridays WOD.
    Did 9 rounds with 35lb

3. Jeff Armstrong says:

Jeff –
    I like the change and the new look – the KB skull ROCKS.

Jeff

Jeff,
    I am glad you like the new logo. How have you been? Getting ready for the season? Still hitting the CrossFit workouts as well?
    Jeff

5. Jeff Armstrong says:

Jeff,

Yes, I am done experimenting, as of 1/1. I am doing CF+Olifts and on the zone. Currently I am 250# looking to get down to 235# by 3/1.
    My CFT is 1056, I have more in my but I ran out of weight. I plan on 1300 in the same time frame as my weight loss; I easily have another 100# in both sq and dl. Plus, I plan on buying 20 and 25kg bumpers, to avoid running out of weights and room on the bar.

It was only a matter of one workout when I realized that I am no gymnast! Working on the rings kills me, however, I was able to produce a double when doing ring dips…my arm still hurts from patting myself on the back after that feat of strength.

The CF workouts are tough, switching gears so fast and incorperating so many different stabilizers. I used to think I was strong, but I have been quickly humbled over the past few weeks. It sure is different when it’s all you can do to get your lungs filled between reps.

I did hit a t&f meet: weight and superweight. It’s very different than HG but good. The different throws helped me pin-point some physical weaknesses, which, once corrected, will help my hammer tremendously.

My appologies about being so long winded, it’s just that there aren’t any CF/HG’ers that I know and to whom I can relate my struggles.

Jeff

Jeff,
    That is great that you have found some value in CrossFit. I think it is a fantastic program for overall dynamic strength. Where did you do a track meet at? Was it an open style meet?

Jeff

7. Jeff Armstrong says:

It was at a HS between Rockford and Chicago. Rained and threw into snow. I don’t know what you mean by open style, but I threw t&f which was very different.

I did the 080107 WOD

3X Bruegner Warm-up

100kg
    110kg
    110kg
    115kg
    115kg
    120kg
    120kg
    125kg
    130kg
    135kg (missed)
    130kg

I thought it was going to be a walk in the park.

Jeff,
    I should have said an all comer’s meet. I was going to say Master’s but I don’t think you are that old yet…

Nice totals on the lifts. Those were cleans correct?
    Jeff

9. Jeff Armstrong says:

In T&F masters is at 30, so I am well into the masters.

the WOD totals were FS. I have found that once I start to get fatigued, I am able to pysch myself out at a moments notice. It’s a great skill I have.

BTW I am still not a gymnast…stoopid ring dips are KILLING me!